1 Sam 2:30 for those who honor Me I will honor, and those who despise Me shall be lightly esteemed.
ex·hor·t. To address or communicate emphatically urge someone to do something.
There is really nothing in this world more important than exhorting others to esteem God. We exhort others to esteem God because we esteem God, and that is the only reason we are still down here. To know God, and to make Him known. There are many ways to deliver that exhortation.
We exhort with words. Combined with action, it’s life changing. I remember carrying a 200 pound bulky generator for miles straight up a narrow and slippery mountain path in driving rains. We were delivering the generator to an gwaymi (ngobe bugle) indian tribe to show the Jesus movie. The guy on the other end of the generator was yelling to me over the howling winds ‘the love of Christ constrains us!’ Now that was exhorting! Key word for exhorting is OTHERS!
We exhort others by talking to them, by helping them, by being with them. and listening to them.
We exhort others by visiting (if possible) and also by using various means such as fb, email, phone, zoom. There are more ways than ever to stay in touch. Free ways, and quick ways. Free and quick means no excuse.
We exhort others sometimes by supporting them in different ways-, financially, by prayer, and again just by being available to them and listening to them.
We exhort others by answering emails, phone calls and texts from people who can never ´pay us back´. Doesn’t Jesus talk about that?
We are to exhort others to love and esteem God. We do that by loving and esteeming God ourselves.
We are to exhort others to flee from sin. We do that by fleeing from sins ourselves.
We are to exhort others to be pure in thoughts, deeds and word by being pure ourselves.
We can exhort the homeless in the street just by speaking kindly to them.
I want to exhort you today to exhort someone in the next 24 hours. It will help you to esteem God more.
Hebrews 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
SO, WHAT’S NEW AT PUREHEART?
We had a little girl severely scalded. The skin literally melted off her little tummy. 1 week later, totally healed, minimal scarring. We are all amazed! Praise the Lord.
Another little girl has had bad sugar diabetes for a year. We could not get the mother to take the toddler to our doctor. Turns out, when we took the hospital admittance form to her and asked her to fill it out, she (the mom, and the whole family) were completely illiterate. The mommy didn’t even know how to spell her daughter´s first name. We gladly filled out the form for her, the little girl got into the hospital and is receiving treatments. The mother was embarrassed, that’s why she didn’t take her little girl to the hospital. Winnie´s jaw dropped. Never have either of us seen that before.
We have had friends help us put a new roof, ceiling and pot holder in the kitchen. And a new stove and new cookware! Praise God for faithful friends.. Next step is a commercial dishwasher and garbage disposal for the sink.
Lots of preparation for PureHeart PreK. We are registering new students. Teachers are back preparing lesson plans.
Daily discipleship and English class is in full swing.
COVID 19 UPDATE – NOT ONE CASE AMONG OUR STAFF OR THE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WE SERVE! – PSALM 91
PRAYER REQUESTS, all in all the same. Warning! Sometimes I pray for years for the same thing. I pray according to promises God has shown me in the Bible.
- Government wise, we are just waiting for the next step towards LEGALLY opening an orphanage.
- NOTHING HAS CHANGED FOR OUR OWN HOME APART FROM THE MINISTRY. IT WILL BE CLOSE ENOUGH TO DIRECT AND OVERSEE EVERYTHING, BUT NOT INSIDE THE MINISTRY’S WALLS. IT’S NON STOP HERE AND WINNIE’S NOT WELL. SHE NEEDS A HAVE. I FOUND A HOUSE FOR 29K, we have almost 10k towards it.
- FOR THE ORPHANAGE THAT I KNOW IS IN OUR FUTURE. NOT ONLY AN ORPHANAGE, BUT AN OLD FOLKS HOME AS WELL. I THINK THE TWO CAN BE SIDE BY SIDE ON THE SAME PROPERTY, IT’S ONLY A MATTER OF MONEY. IT WOULD BE A BLESSING TO THE OLD FOLKS TO HEAR KIDS PLAYING, AND IT WOULD BE A BLESSING FOR THE KIDS TO HAVE ABUELAS AND ABUELOS.
- WINNIE`S HEALTH
- Our own children, going to school in Ohio. That they have Godly, Fanatical, Jesus Freak friends, and that the Holy Spirit fills them afresh.
- Teachers are back, all is well, classes start the 15th. Also the outreaches in the dump and the communities never stop, only grow.
- FINANCES, ALTHOUGH THEY ARE GOOD, NEED TO GROW SO WE CAN REACH MORE PEOPLE. thank you! Prayer works. God is on the throne, AND PRAYER STILL CHANGES THINGS. We have some serious medial and financial expenses coming up (for others in the ministry, that we want to help).
- Issues and angst have been disappearing, all pressure is gone. I don’t know how I stood it. Our prayers (yours and mine) are working. There is Victory in Jesus!
- We are relaxed, ministry is thriving, all is well. PLEASE KEEP ON DOING WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU`RE DOING, IT’S WORKING!! pray, donate, and spread the word about us, what we are doing and the needs here!
- We have seen some healings, and some people getting saved. Pray for the harvest.
Please share this letter on FB and with your friends, churches & civic groups!
Dean and Winnie Peters
Joyfully serving the ‘least of these’ in Nicaragua for the glory of God