(pt 2 of 2 parts in Sowing/Reaping)
Psalm 126:5 They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Joy is unspeakable. This joy accompanies us when we reap what we sowed in tears. Joy is something that can not be explained. It only comes through loving Jesus, not fearing man. Joyful people are not coming up with excuses either. They just do what God shows them, reaping the harvest with love for Jesus through His faith that He gave them.
1 Peter 1:8 Though you have not seen Him, you love Him,Whom having not seen, you love: in whom also now, though you see him not, you believe: and believing shall rejoice with joy unspeakable and glorified;
We sow. Sometimes (although not always) we are sad in the process. I know many times in our service as missionaries in a third world country, Winnie and I have encountered much sadness. Too much at times. We still sow, no matter how things look or how we feel. It can get tough. But we push through the pain and sadness, (if that’s where we are at) knowing that we will soon reap with joy. Jesus did too.
Hebrews 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,
If you happen to still be sad after sowing, circumstances will continue to stay bad until you get past the sadness. You won’t reap. If you stop being sad, it stops being bad. The only way you can reap good things is with joy. Joy comes through faith. To reap, stop weeping and get into the joy mode. Jonah sowed in Ninevah with tears. And he never got into the joy mode in order to reap. He won a whole country to the Lord and was in still feeling sorry for himself, in a suicidal state of mind. He didn’t reap what he sowed. Somone else did.
Without faith (a complete confidence that things will be good, without visible proof) it is impossible to reap what God has for you. You need joy (that comes through faith). If you keep looking at the wrong things, like lock-ups, flus and sicknesses, masks, politics, churches shut down, what ‘might’ happen, things will continue to be bad, and you’ll continue to be sad. It’s easy to find excuses to stay sad. Sadness can cause you to not even sow, let alone reap, It’s a cop out. Plus you are playing right into Satan´s hands, whether you believe in him or not. He wants you poor, broke and sick. Botton line, he wants you lazy (slothful), so you make excuses.
Proverbs 26:13 The slothful man saith, There is a lion in the way; a lion is in the streets.
If you don´t have joy (faith) you´ll be lethargic. You won’t reap if you are lazy. You will not reap if you have no faith in an expected harvest, making you not joyous about it. You will lie in bed making excuses why you can’t IF you don’t think it’s really there. These four things are warnings to us in the Bible. It’s possible to do these things, as crazy as they sound, because the Word of God tells us not to do them.
- Don’t sleep through the harvest, failing to reap.
- Don’t faint during the harvest, or you won’t reap.
- You will reap if you don’t loose heart.
- Don’t get weary in well doing..
Sowing is hard work. We do it in order to reap. But we need joy to hang in there. The toughest part about sowing is the time span between planting and harvesting. It might take a whole summer, years or maybe our entire life and beyond (someone else might even reap it for God’s glory, all good!) It doesn’t matter. Don’t quit! Don’t make excuses not to sow. Prepare in your heart to harvest, that will give you joy. That will wake you up easily, keep you alert, give a bounce to your step, and a mind revitalized. Most important, it give staying power!
If you have joy the worst thing in the world can come along and knock you upside your head, and you’ll still be 80% effective in reaping. Without joy, a flat tire or dead battery at the wrong moment in your life can ruin your testimony and your walk with the Lord, and loose your entire harvest. Choose faith. Choose Joy. Choose Jesus. Choose to reap for Him, rejoicing.
Gal 6:9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
SO, WHAT´S NEW AT PUREHEART?
Lots of improvements to the kitchen. (it´s 10 years old now, cooked over a half a million meals in it). We are trying to buy a commercial sink, dishwasher and garbage disposal once we get the sink. (Expensive!)
COVID 19 UPDATE – NOT ONE CASE AMONG OUR STAFF OR THE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WE SERVE (thousands if you include their families! – PSALM 91
PRAYER REQUESTS, all in all the same, I stand firm according to promises God has shown me in prayer and in the Bible.
- Government is tough, and getting tougher. It has been strangling out a lot of the weaker foreign organizations, or organizations getting involved in things that aren´t their business. They are now calling us foreign agents, which isn’t good. We are fine, it just takes patience, calm, money, certainty of our calling, and GOD. Expenses are huge though. We are up to date, and legal again,after a bunch of redo´s from jumpstreet and tons of fines. We are just waiting for the next step towards LEGALLY opening an orphanage. They keep changing the rules though.
- NOTHING HAS CHANGED FOR DESIRING OUR OWN HOME APART FROM THE MINISTRY. IT WILL BE CLOSE ENOUGH TO DIRECT AND OVERSEE EVERYTHING, BUT NOT INSIDE THE MINISTRY’S WALLS. IT’S NON STOP HERE AND WINNIE’S NOT WELL. SHE NEEDS A HAVE ONE.
- FOR THE ORPHANAGE THAT I KNOW IS IN OUR FUTURE. NOT ONLY AN ORPHANAGE, BUT AN OLD FOLKS HOME AS WELL. I THINK THE TWO CAN BE SIDE BY SIDE ON THE SAME PROPERTY, IT’S ONLY A MATTER OF MONEY. IT WOULD BE A BLESSING TO THE OLD FOLKS TO HEAR KIDS PLAYING, AND IT WOULD BE A BLESSING FOR THE KIDS TO HAVE ABUELAS AND ABUELOS.
- WINNIE`S HEALTH
- Wisdom and discernment. Thanks Pope Mary.
PLEASE KEEP ON DOING WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU`RE DOING, IT’S WORKING!! pray, donate, and spread the word about us, what we are doing and the needs here!
We have seen some healings, and some people getting saved. Pray for the harvest, and joy in reaping.
God miraculously provides, non stop.
Please share this letter on FB and with your friends, churches & civic groups!
Dean and Winnie Peters
Joyfully serving the ‘least of these’ in Nicaragua for the glory of God
ANY FORM OF DONATIONATIONS TO PUREHEART ARE 100% TAX DEDUCTIBLE AND 100% GOES TO THE KIDS.
Paper checks can be made out to:
GraceLifeOutReach (PureHeartChildren in memo please!)
And then mail to our snail mailing address:
Pure Heart C/O Grace Life Outreach
190 Seminole Ln Apt 302
Cocoa Beach, FL 32931